TEAM Rewards ProgramThe TEAM (Technical Editing Active Member) Rewards Program is a way to strengthen our sense of community within the SIG and to encourage member participation.
EligibilityThe TEAM Rewards Program is available to Technical Editing SIG members. Not a member? You can join the SIG today!
Earning pointsThere are various ways to earn points toward a TEAM reward:
- Hold an elected TE SIG office — 4 points for election, ½ point for each volunteer meeting attended
- Volunteer to be a SIG manager — 3 points, ½ point for each volunteer meeting attended
- Volunteer to be an assistant manager --2 points, ½ point for each volunteer meeting attended
- Present a virtual quarterly meeting, fundraiser, or watercooler chat program — 3 points
- Attend a live quarterly program, fundraiser, or watercooler chat — 1 point
- Program or watercooler chat "shout out": For members who attend a live webinar, watercooler chat, or fundraiser they email the managers with one new thing they learned or something that especially resonated with them within 48 hours of the program — 1 point
- Publish in Corrigo, the TE SIG online newsletter — 2 points per article
- Copyedit a Corrigo article — 1 point per article
- Start or curate a discussion on the TE SIG LinkedIn group — 1 point
- Submit resources to our Resource Directory or Virtual Bookshelf — ½ point
- Join a SIG monthly volunteer meeting as a first-time attendee — 1 point (Meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month, from 11:30 AM — 12:00 PM, Eastern Time)
- Receive a Technical Editing SIG Volunteer of the Year or Technical Editing SIG New Volunteer of the Year award — 2 points
- Volunteer to help plan the Summit or assist at a TE SIG event at the Summit — 2 points
- Attend the SIG business meeting at the Summit — 1 point
- Volunteer to manage one SIG program (watercooler chat, quarterly program, or fundraiser) --2 points
RewardsSIG members who earn 10 points in a calendar year qualify for an award:
- Amazon gift card
- Members who achieve 10 points in the calendar year would receive a certificate that indicates they are a "Contributing Technical Editing SIG Member" for the specific year
- Members who achieve three points would be entered for drawings of some prizes throughout the year.
- The TE SIG leadership may reward members TEAM points for SIG events or activities in addition to the above list. Additions require a majority of TE SIG leader votes approving the change.
For additional details, please contact the SIG Membership Manager.